Payroll & Finance Consultant
Job location: London
Works autonomously and acts as a senior providing professional advice, managing and/or coordinating an area of work and/or the work of others. Maintains the status of areas of work and monitors the activities of team members. Assists the Finance Manager in planning, oversight and documentation of all aspects of Finance, works closely with the Payroll Manager to manage all aspects of the Irish Payroll.
Managing all aspects of Irish payroll (400 employees) taking into consideration the implications of employees travelling to and from Dublin to the UK.
This will include but is not limited to:-
- Short Term Business Visitor Agreements
- Obtaining the relevant social security A1 Certificates.
- Managing of the shadow UK payroll and Irish payroll for seconded employees
- Conducts analysis of numbers submitted by the accounting team.
- Creation of Monthly MIS as per corporate guidelines.
- Provides early warning signs to manager on any financial deviations.
- Creates various analytical statements, graphs, and ratios showcasing the trends of the organisation
- Checking and validation of logs and identifying risk areas.
Accounting & Book-keeping
- Validation of spend and classification to the right cost centre.
- Responsible for bank relationship for working out cash flow options.
- Responsible for optimising the foreign exchange rates for transactions.
- Creation of expenses accruals based on the actual spend data and study of spend analysis. - Creation of Revenue Recognition working.
- Preparation of documents for tax assessments
- Finance related Bachelor's Degree, equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience with Irish payroll
- Specialisation or certification in a particular Financial area
- Develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills. Maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Broad knowledge of professional services and the IT and Quality Services market.
- Previous experience of International Payroll and ideally within a consultancy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise across multiple activities.
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment.
- Excellent skills with MS Office suite of programmes, in particular Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience in a client/customer service role.
- Comfortable supporting a demanding and dynamic team including more senior stakeholders.
- Proficient in relevant software packages and applications and strong experience with databases.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment in building relationships across all organisational levels and functions. - Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations that require sound decision making and may involve confidential or sensitive matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and high professional standards for customer service and work quality.
- Proficiency in reporting tools and accounting software.
- Ability to manage own expenses and ensure adherence of others to the expense policy.
- No specific budget assigned.