Technical Engineer- Performance
Job location: Belfast
Job sector: Quality Engineering
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe. We operate in over 25 countries.
We are seeking a talented Performance Consultant who can innovate new ways to provide performance analysis faster, efficiently, repeatedly, and in a reliable manner. The Consultant will focus on leading and developing sophisticated tests that enable Expleo Test Consultants to perform the most complex load simulations to expose bottlenecks and accurately analyse the results to help ensure the service is fast and secure. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to understand novel system architectures, pinpoint problem areas, demonstrate the ability to analyse data for bottlenecks, and develop succinct test scenarios across multiple hardware and software tiers.
- Needs to manage, deliver and performance engineering project from proposal to final review, including, specification, estimations, planning, preparation of scripts, environments.
- Complete data execution of tests, possibly in interactive sessions with the client on production systems.
- Produce reports of test project progress and test execution results.
- Conduct performance engineering health checks.
- Coach and mentor less experienced engineers on performance engineering techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- ISTQB Foundation.
- Additional course or certification in Quality Engineering.
- Certification in NFT Tools such HP QTP, Selenium, HP LR etc.
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge with practical experience of engineering/development tools and platforms required to deliver.
- Solid understanding with respect to analysis and design, implementation and system integration, execution as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
- Experience in designing, coding, testing and correcting scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Experience in implementing robust error handling and clear/consistent reporting functionality.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to enable others and solving technical queries from junior colleagues.
- Knowledge of relevant performance testing tools such as:
- For Load generation - LoadRunner, Jmeter, Gatling.
- Front end – Dev tools, WebPageTest, Yslow, Selenium
- Monitoring – Perfmon, *Nix tools, AppDynamics, New Relic, mPulse
- Visualisation – ELK stack, Grafana, Datadog,
- Others - Jenkins, python,
- Programming knowledge and technical expertise in script languages.
- Knowledge on Cloud concepts, service vitalisation and network vitalisation.
- Experience on SQL database and handling queries.
- Good interpersonal skills, experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other.
- Good self-management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results.
- Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges and looking for ways to beat previous standards.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship (unless stated otherwise in the job description).
Expleo’s benefits are just one component of our approach to total reward which encompasses everything from job design and work environment through to time off, base salary and long-term recognition awards.
Benefits of working for Expleo:
- The opportunity to work independently on tasks for challenging, international projects within a successful team and with a high degree of personal freedom in your role.
- Challenging tasks that you and the Expleo team bring to a successful conclusion.
- A constant stream of new challenges within a consultancy firm renowned for its forward-looking methods and technologies.
- A dedicated career path designed to challenge you and further your knowledge in specialist consulting.
- Extensive training to develop the essential skills you will need to develop your career with Expleo.
Benefit's package includes:
- Pension scheme.
- Life assurance.
- Critical illness cover.
- Medical Insurance.
- Dental Cover.
- Maternity and paternity scheme.
- Life enrichment programme.
- Service awards for years of service.
- Birthday hampers.
- Continuous social events (including family events) which run throughout the year.
- Microsoft discounts.
- Professional membership fees.
- Bike 2 Work scheme.
- Lap top and mobile phone.