Front End Developer – Technical Engineer
Job location: Belfast
Job sector: Quality Engineering
We are seeking a front-end developer that links together the world of design and technology, packaging up the utility of the back end in an inviting way for users to interact with. As a Front-end Developer you will be a key member of a team developing and maintaining new software products. You will use your skills to communicate on both a high level and in detail regarding the solutions you are planning to execute. You will deploy and maintain functional, secure and high-quality applications. If you have hands-on experience developing software with agile methodologies and are ready for a new challenge, we’d like to meet you.
- Working with Product Owners and/or Business Analysts to understand user needs.
- Staying current with software development technologies, including low-code platforms.
- Designing, implementing, testing and deploying responsive, accessible and maintainable systems.
- Refactoring and optimising existing systems for performance, scalability and reliability.
- Collaborating with architects and UX specialists to provide the best possible solutions while considering requirements, technical debt, and other deployments.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering team and community.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organisation, and diversity.
- Bachelors degree in relevant Computer Science subject or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of recent hands-on coding and software design in web application.
- Good client-facing skills, with experience in developing partnerships with the team and client and collaborating with others to exceed client expectations.
- Professional attitude. Has developed a reputation as a trusted advisor.
Good problem solving skills has experience in proposing different options and solutions for approaching and resolving issues.
- Adaptable and responds positively to changing business issues, sees change as an opportunity to improve performance.
- Excellent communication skills. Adapts style accordingly and demonstrates an understanding of the audience’s perspective. Uses discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Keeps up to date with emerging technologies and products and has awareness of opportunities these provide.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system architecture.
- Strong technical skills as outlined in the Experience and Qualifications section.
Hands experience of the following technologies in the development of interactive web applications:
- 1 year web development experience
- XML and JSON
- HTML and CSS
Experience in the following technologies and techniques would advantageous, but not essential:
- REST APIs
- low code tools and approaches for example Neutrinos, Out Systems, IBM Web Content Manager,
- Microsoft Power Apps
- working in an agile team (especially SCRUM)
- workflow design experience or UML
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship (unless stated otherwise in the job description).
- Collaborative working environment – we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients and ours peers through good times and set backs.
- We empower all passionate technology loving professionals by allowing them to expand their skills and take part in inspiring projects .
- Expleo Academy - enables you to acquire and develop the right skills by delivering a suite of accredited training courses.
- Competitive company benefits such as medical and dental insurance, pension, life assurance, employee wellbeing programme, sports and social events, birthday hampers and much more!
- Always working as one team, our people are not afraid to think big and challenge the status quo.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship (unless stated otherwise in the job description).
Expleo NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Applicants should note Expleo NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.