Job location: London
Job sector: Business Agility
Expleo is a trusted partner for end-to-end, integrated engineering, quality services and management consulting for digital transformation. We help businesses harness unrelenting technological change to successfully deliver innovations that will help them gain a competitive advantage and improve the everyday lives of people around the globe. We operate in over 25 countries.
You will already have achieved significant experience in your personal Agile journey having been through Shu, Ha and Ri, you now either consider yourself be moving towards Kokoro or be there already. Exceptionally you may have progressed beyond Kokoro to become a Sensei, if this is the case, you would need to be able to help us to understand your reasoning for this at an interview.
This role is broader than just Agile requiring an understanding of theory of Constraints, complexity theory, lean, change management, concurrent delivery and even Big Up-Front Design. The execution of the role will cover more than just coaching, it may include mentoring, training, advising, selling, evangelising, strategizing, governing and directing.
- As a senior member of the Agile practice, you will help it to provide a supportive environment for our Agile practitioners through one-to-ones, regular calls and meetups.
- You will take the lead and be responsible for a specific area within the Agile practice which will help support your own area of interest or your professional development.
- Your responsibilities will also include mentoring and helping less experienced colleagues to develop their skills, knowledge and experience.
- You will be key to identifying changes which we can test out to help make the organization a great place for Agile practitioners to work.
- A desired skill would be to create courses and deliver training.
- As Scrum is the most popular Agile delivery framework, you will have helped many Scrum teams to deliver successful outcomes.
- Experience of a variety of approaches from strict adherence to the Scrum Guide.
- Adding practices to Scrum to deliver success.
- Pragmatically changing Scrum to such an extent, to work within the constraints of your client’s context.
- You will have experience beyond Scrum of other team-level approaches all the while focusing on helping the team to achieve engineering excellence.
- Achieve stable velocity and also helping the business to identify the features which will deliver benefits which they can understand and validate.
- You will have experience of multi-team or scaled Agile approaches, helping the teams to evolve and improve their intra-team orchestration while delivering business value.
Other areas of your experience are:
- Helping clients to use lean and Agile techniques to develop and validate their strategy to deliver proven business value and to make organisational changes so that lean and Agile ways of working exist within a supportive and safe environment.
- Encountering problems and working through them in a transparent way to deliver a successful outcome and to be able to share the experience and learning points with others.
- Presenting at conferences, you will be supported continuing to do this in doing this in your role.
- Sharing your knowledge, this could be through books, papers, videos, blogs, guides and training materials.
- Being widely read,and not just limited to the key lean and Agile texts, but be attuned to the books which are exciting the Agile community, such as Slack, Lean Startup, The Goal, the Chimp Paradox, Liminal Thinking, Good Strategy Bad Strategy, Agendashift, The Principles of Product Development Flow, Turn the Ship Around, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, Thinking Fast and Slow and The Leaders Guide to Radical Management. We’d be interested to hear what you’d add to the list.
- You will also have a ‘second string to your bow’, a non-Agile skill such as UX design, project management or development. You will also have an Agile specialism, or two, which will define you as a thought leader within the organisation and with our clients.
- Ability to engage at all levels of the client organisation from working with junior members of delivery teams all the way up to the senior management team. This will not just be a presentation of a slide deck but working to gain an understanding the current issues of a constituent group and their problems and then helping them to deal with these to achieve success.
- Involvement in bid responses, commercial discussions and decisions about what products and services we will sell and which opportunities we’ll decline.